This classic tomato sandwich features a lovely combination of sweet juicy tomatoes and herby cream cheese. You can make a big batch of the cream cheese mixture and have it on hand to spread on bagels or crackers. For a boost of protein, add smoked salmon or sliced turkey or chicken.
- Stir cream cheese, yogurt, chives, dill and pepper together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on 1 side of each toast slice.
- Arrange tomatoes on 1 slice; top with the other slice, spread-side down.
- Cut in half diagonally before serving.
- Want an extra treat? Drizzle a little balsamic dressing
Thank you, Eating Well for the great recipe!
Photo Credit: Freepix.com