Delight the cheese-lovers at the party with a quick and easy twist on the classic Bruschetta hor d’oeuvres.
- In a small bowl, mash the cheese together with a fork, leaving the mixture somewhat chunky. Mix in the pecans.
- Preheat the broiler
- Arrange the bread on a small baking sheet and broil the slices for about a minute on each side, just until golden. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with garlic.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture over each slice and arrange 2 or 3 overlapping tomato slices on top.
- Pepper the tomatoes lightly, then garnish with basil and serve.
Photo Credit: Freepik.com